Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wedding To- Do List

Everyone always asked me what step in the wedding planning process I am on, so I decided to take some time and share with everyone. To start off, I want to share my excitement about the wedding invitations.  THEY GO OUT TOMORROW!!!  I am so thrilled.  So far, I have put in more time, effort, love, discussions, and tears, (okay, maybe not tears) into them.  I searched high and low for the "perfect" invitation.  I didn't want boring or too traditional, too plain or too loud.  I wanted it to say "classy but fun".  I finally decided that with my sweet sister, Macy's help, we could do them ourself.  THANKGOODNESS we put in the time, because they are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!  This is how it worked for about 2 months, I would draw up my ideas on paper, we would SYPE so she could see, and then she would make it happen on the computer.  I promise to you, I have NEVER seen anything cuter than these.  (I put enough hard work that I can brag!  Well, if I am honest, Macy put in a lot more time that I did.)  I am so proud of them.  Macy did such a great job.  She took a few classes in college as electives, but I had no idea what she was capable of.  Anyway, then I found a local print store that printed them for me and I got a great deal.  I would post pictures, but I want people to be surprised when they get them in the mail.  I will post later.    

Ok, on to my list of things to do in 64 days: 

1.) Invitations- send tomorrow
2.) Wedding dress fitting
3.) Pick out flower girls dress
4.) Buy a booty load of X-mas lights for cheap.  Any ideas?  I want to put them on the trees in the back of the venue. 
5.) Make sure my sister's get their BM's dresses
6.) Complete our pre-wedding bible study (We still have 4 weeks left in the book.)
6.) Don't become a bridezilla.

As you can see, most of the major details are done.  I have a small list of little things, that I have been putting off.  Let me know if you have any ideas where I can get white x-mas lights for cheap.  I need a bunch.       

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget to relax and just take it all in! I'm sure it will be beautiful and I am dying to see these invitations after all the build up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got our invite today!! Thanks!
    Can I keep it all and not send you the RSVP? We'll all be there! And we want T-Swift! Pleeeeease?

    ReplyDelete